Internet Security Tips
- Stay Secure Online: Look for the Green Bar
- Business Internet Security Tips
- Mobile Banking Security Tips
- Email Security Tips
- Online Safety & Security Videos
- Apple Security Update
We use EV SSL Certificates for security and to help you confirm that you have reached our legitimate Web site, not a "spoofed" site created by fraudsters to steal your personal and financial information. EV SSL means that TowneBank passed a rigorous identification process conducted by VeriSign, the leading security provider on the Internet.
1. Address Bar- The address bar will appear green, indicating to users that the Web site is highly authenticated and secure.
3. Security Status Bar- The security status bar rotates between the name of the authenticated organization and VeriSign, the trusted 3rd party that performed the Extended Validation authentication.
A secure session starts when the address begins with https instead of http. White or without color means the page is encrypted with SSL, but no identity information is available. You need to work a little harder to verify that this Web site belongs to the company you intended to visit before entering sensitive data. Carefully review the Web site address or click the padlock to view the Web site’s security information.
Proceed with caution. Yellow indicates suspicious activity. Certain characteristics of the site are consistent with the behavior of fraudulent Web sites. The site has not been confirmed as a fraudulent Web site. A yellow address bar rarely appears, but is a possible indicator.