Email Security Tips
Your Security is Important to Us
TowneBank will use email to keep our members informed of current events, safe online practices, product and service updates. We have taken great strides to protect your privacy and will never request personal information such as account number, social security number, or passwords. If you have received an email that appears to be suspicious please contact your hometown banker by phone.
Quick Tips to keep your Inbox Safe and Secure
- Be suspicious of any email that requests an urgent response with your personal information
- Consider adjusting your email settings so images are not automatically downloaded
- Only open email attachments if you are expecting them and know what they contain
- Do not open any emails or click on links that ask for your personal information
Learn more quick tips on our Internet Security Tips page or check out our library of online safety and security videos.
What to do if you think your email has been compromised
- Install the most up to date anti-virus, firewall, malware and spyware detection on your PC
- Change your online banking account passwords using an un-infected PC. If you need help, please call our eChannel Support team at 757-638-6714.
- If you doubt the validity of an email, contact the sender directly using a phone number found on their website. Avoid using phone numbers or links to contact information provided in the email.