Local Charities Win Big at TowneBank Golf Tournament
May 17, 2012
|TowneBank's Chairman and CEO, Bob Aston (pictured left), presented donations to Wave Warriors and six other charities.|
Suffolk, Va. – The 12th annual TowneBank Foundation Golf Tournament, held at the Riverfront Golf Course on May 17, raised more than $140,000. At the tournament’s celebration, donations were made to seven local charities in each of the regions TowneBank serves. The remaining proceeds were reinvested into the Foundation for future philanthropic giving.
- ACCESS College Foundation – Based in Norfolk, ACCESS provides a full range of programs and services free of charge to all public high school students to assist with the pursuit of higher education.
- St. Mary’s Home for Disabled Children, Inc. – Located in Norfolk, St. Mary’s is a private, nonprofit, nonsectarian organization providing expert care for children with severe physical and intellectual disabilities.
- Outer Banks Relief Foundation – Located in Nags Head, N.C., this organization assists community citizens who are burdened with financial difficulties due to debilitating illnesses or personal tragedy.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Virginia Peninsula – The Boys and Girls Club enables young people to realize their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
- Starbase Victory – An exciting, innovative STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Pathways Program for all fourth through six graders in Portsmouth public schools.
- Wave Warriors – The Wave Warriors Surf Camp provides military warriors a complete therapeutic surf camp experience.
- Beyond Boobs – Dedicated to saving lives through breast health education, and being a support system for young women diagnosed with breast cancer.
As one of the top community banks in Virginia and North Carolina, TowneBank operates 26 banking offices serving Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, James City County and York County in Virginia along with Moyock, Grandy, Camden, Southern Shores, Corolla and Kill Devil Hills in North Carolina. Towne also offers a full range of financial services through its controlled divisions and subsidiaries that include Towne Investment Group, Towne Insurance Agency, TFA Benefits, TowneBank Mortgage, TowneBank Commercial Mortgage, Prudential Towne Realty, Towne 1031 Exchange, LLC, and Corolla Classic Vacations. Through its strategic partnership with William E. Wood and Associates, the bank also offers mortgage services in all of their offices in Hampton Roads and Northeastern North Carolina. Local decision-making is a hallmark of its hometown banking strategy that is delivered through the leadership of each group’s President and Board of Directors.